These little chocolate bites are extremely satisfying with no guilt. There is no refined sugar or flour, they are completely vegan and are made with everyday ingredients most people have on hand. Enjoy a bite or two after a workout, as a dessert, or just as a midday snack. They’re great for little ones too!
- 1/2 cup nut butter (I used 1/2 peanut and 1/2 almond).
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon.
- 2 tablespoons dark cocoa powder.
- 1/2 cup oat flour.*
- 1 tablespoon all-natural maple syrup.
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds.
- Measure your nut butter into a microwavable bowl and microwave until completely melted (about 45 seconds).
- Add cinnamon and cocoa powder, mix completely. It should look like and have the consistency of melted chocolate at this time.
- Stir in maple syrup. If you’re like me then you store your maple syrup in the refrigerator so when you mix it in the smooth chocolate nut butter that you have is going to cool a bit and start to thicken pretty quickly so everything after this has to be done a bit fast.
- Fold in oat flour with a spatula, and switch to incorporating with your hands when it becomes too thick (do not add any more wet ingredients).
- Add in sliced almonds and combine thoroughly. I gave them a little squeeze before dropping them into the bowl so that they were smaller and wouldn’t make rolling the balls difficult.
- Roll into 1-2″ balls and set on a tray to firm up.
You can eat these right away and store them in an airtight container for a few days (if they last that long). They aren’t very sweet but they pack an amazing chocolate flavor and are extremely satisfying.