Making your own skincare and beauty products is a fun and easy way to gain complete control over the ingredients in the products you use while maintaining the best quality. Body butter and lotions have been something I’ve worked on here and there over the years trying to get the ingredients just right and I have finally found the perfect combination to make a high-end, low-price, product.
Look at how luscious and creamy it is!
1 cup shea butter
1/3 cup almond oil*
1/2 cup coconut oil
15 drops of orange essential oil*
15 drops of lavender oil*
*Almond oil can be swapped out for olive oil, however, it should be noted that olive oil has a more potent smell and can be difficult to mask with essential oils.
*The essential oils are completely optional and can easily be swapped out for your preferred scents. Another amazing combination is lemon and orange, or peppermint. For a more masculine scent, you can try cedarwood and orange, or sandalwood and lavender.
- You’re going to need a stand mixer and whisk attachment for this recipe.
- Measure all of your ingredients into the bowl.
- Whip ingredients together, slowly increasing the speed as it becomes more smooth.
- Continue whipping body butter for two minutes on high.
- Add essential oils.
- Whip for another thirty seconds.
- Spoon into an airtight, washable, glass container.
Adding your shea butter in small chunks instead of one giant piece can help it blend up easier and using a splash guard can help prevent liquid oils from escaping the bowl.
Be sure to share with friends and family. This recipe can easily be doubled or tripled and makes an amazing gift that everyone can enjoy.♥
Thank you for reading and following along with me.