Yum, happy Monday everyone!
It seems like snack recipes have really been lacking around here lately, but with my family trying to move further away from all processed foods it only felt right that I start whipping up some new ones in the house. What better place to start than some delicious, homemade granola? This little snack tastes much naughtier than it is, like a crunchy little blueberry pie.
Another huge selling point is the heavenly aroma that comes from your kitchen while it bakes. The combination of the blueberries, almonds, cinnamon, and vanilla is almost intoxicating. Just try not to eat the whole pan in one sitting.
1/3 cup coconut oil
1/4 cup brown sugar
3 tablespoons honey or maple syrup
1 teaspoon vanilla
3 cups old fashioned oats
1 cup slivered almonds
1/4 cup walnut pieces
1/3 cup dried blueberries
1 tablespoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon nutmeg
- Preheat your oven to 300 degrees and line a large baking sheet with aluminum foil or parchment paper if you have it handy.
- Combine all of your dry ingredients in a mixing bowl. This includes all of your oats, almonds, walnuts, blueberries, and spices.
- Add your coconut oil, brown sugar, vanilla, and honey to a saucepan. Heat on medium/high, mixing, until the mixture starts to bubble.
- Pour your wet ingredients into the mixing bowl and stir until combined.
- Spread your granola over the baking sheet in an even layer and pop it into the oven for roughly 20-25 minutes.
- Allow the granola to cool completely before trying to put it into a storage container, this can take up to half an hour.
I hope you enjoy snacking on this granola as much as we or pour some milk over it and enjoy it as cereal!
Looking for something more to read? Try one of these posts on for size: