Chocolate. Marshmallows. Peanuts. Mini-chocolate chips.
It really doesn’t get any better than this.
Over the weekend our family really got into the spirit of fall. We made time to visit a local sanctuary where we had the opportunity to hang out with some absolutely beautiful animals. The boys filled their lungs with fresh, crisp air so when we got home they napped and I whipped up some fresh bread and cookies. It was a picture-perfect autumn afternoon, the only thing missing was a good 90’s Halloween movie before bed but there’s plenty of chilly October nights left for that.
1 cup Earth Balance vegan butter
1 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla
2 flax eggs
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup cocoa powder
2 1/3 cups flour
1 cup unsalted roasted peanuts
1 1/2 cups Dandies vanilla mini-marshmallows
1/3 cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream together vegan butter, sugars, vanilla, and flax eggs.
- Add cocoa powder.
- Combine remaining dry ingredients; flour, salt, and baking soda.
- Mix in peanuts and mini-chocolate chips.
- Add your mini-marshmallows last so they get mashed up.
- Scoop 1″ balls and bake at least two inches apart for 8-10 minutes.
Our little ones really dug into this batch of cookies, who am I kidding I ate about ten of them already myself! The marshmallows stayed ooey-gooey after baking and it hit all the same flavor notes as a bowl of rocky road ice cream which was another huge bonus.
From our family to yours I really hope that you enjoy these!
As always, thanks for reading.