Banana bread, at home dude? Hell yeah.
Shoutout to my hubby for consistently referencing this ridiculous video for the last month, thanks to him saying banana bread fourteen times a day it has been on my mind nonstop. If you don’t get the reference and you’d like a little laugh you should look it up, but if you’re just here for a great recipe look no further.
My initial plan for today was going to be to try my hands at homemade vegan donuts again, but my brain just kept screaming for banana bread (it helps to have an abundance of frozen bananas too).
- 3 medium bananas.
- 1/3 cup melted Earth Balance butter.
- 1 tsp baking soda.
- 1/2 tsp salt.
- 3/4 granulated sugar.
- 1/4 dark brown sugar.
- 1 tsp vanilla extract.
- 1 tsp almond extract.
- 1 tsp cinnamon.
- 1 1/2 cup flour.
- 1 Vegg.
Vegg is a vegan egg substitute that I just bought for the first time last month, I used it to make Archer’s strawberry cupcakes and fell in love with how much easier it made things. Definitely works better for loaves of bread and cakes than anything else I have tried so far, I’ll link it below.
Let’s tackle this toast!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Thaw and mash three ripe bananas.
- Follow instructions on Vegg package, set aside.
- Combine mashed bananas with sugars and melted butter.
- Add extracts, cinnamon, and Vegg.
- Mix dry ingredients and add into banana mixture.
- Grease loaf pan, pour in batter and bake for approximately 55 minutes to one hour.