Sweet, delicious, chocolate indulgence. Who said vegans can’t have cookies?
Baking has always been a fun experiment for me. I love to try substituting all kinds of ingredients, playing with different combinations of mix-ins, and obviously recreating old favorites into vegan-friendly deliciousness.
1 cup vegan butter (Earth Balance Organic).
1 cup brown sugar.
1/2 cup granulated sugar.
2 teaspoons vanilla.
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon.
1 teaspoon salt.
1 teaspoon baking soda.
3 tablespoons (ground/milled) flaxseed.
6 tablespoons water.
2 cups flour.
1/2 cup dark cocoa powder.
1/4 powdered sugar.*
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Combine flax and water, set aside. (Typical flax egg ratio is 1:3, this recipes uses just a little bit extra flax with a 1:2).
- Cream together vegan butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar, and vanilla.
- Add flax eggs to butter mixture and mix thoroughly.
- Combine dry ingredients in a separate bowl and slowly mix together.
- Bake cookies for 8-10 minutes.
- Spread your cookies out on a cooling rack and use a sifter to sprinkle over top.
Subscribe via email to receive recipes like this right to your inbox, or follow the link below to stay up to date in real time on Instagram! As always, thanks for reading!♥
Let me know in the comments below!♥♥