Nothing beats a homemade cookie, unless that’s a homemade cookie with minimal effort. This is the recipe for what I tossed together last night and believe me it’s worth the half an hour of your time it will take to complete.
This recipe yields roughly thirty cookies (I would have a more appropriate count if I didn’t eat so much of the dough).
2 cups unbleached flour.
1 cup brown sugar.
1/2 cup vegan butter.
1/2 cup peanut butter.
2 flax eggs.
1 tablespoon vanilla.
1 teaspoon baking soda.
1 teaspoon Himalayan Pink salt.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream together vegan butter, peanut butter, vanilla and brown sugar.
- Add flax eggs (two tablespoons ground flax seed and six tablespoons water).
- Combine dry ingredients in a separate bowl.
- Mix together dry ingredients with butter mixture.
- Scoop 2″ dough balls onto parchment lined baking sheets (they barely spread so don’t panic about distance).
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, until bottoms are golden.
Prepare for a feast, these are too good to eat just one!♥