Today’s new soap is Exfoliating Hope Soap, scented with the Hope Synergy Blend oil which is a combination of cassia, lemongrass, rosemary, sweet orange and tangerine.
Just a quick reminder about products that I use: the soap base is an organic goat’s milk base from Liquid Gold and the essential oils are the Synergy Blends from Eden’s Garden. I bought all of my goodies over Amazon, you can follow the direct links to the products in my tutorial on Anxiety Ease Soap.
The exfoliating properties of this soap come from flaxseed, which sounds super weird but it’s absolutely amazing. When I made my first soap batches back in December I made two different types of exfoliating soaps, one using coffee grounds and another using flaxseed.
To make this soap you need the following items:
- Liquid Gold goat’s milk soap base.
- Eden’s Garden Hope essential oil.
- Soap mold.
- Glass measuring cup.
- Cutting board.
1. You want to get your soap chopped up into relatively small pieces and then place them into your measuring cup. Filling the cup up to the two cup line will give you about one cup of melted soap base which is equivalent to two to three bars of soap (depending on how much you fill the molds).
2. Heat your soap base in the microwave for one minute, stirring every twenty seconds.
3. Next add in fifteen drops of the Hope essential oil blend and stir until it’s fully combined.
4. After adding in your essential oil, mix in 1/8 cup of flaxseed and then proceed to pour the soap mixture into your soap molds. (I’m totally considering investing in some cuter soap molds).
5. All that’s left is to allow your soaps to harden for about forty five minutes.
As you can see in the picture above, the flaxseed is all the way through the soap and also sprinkled on top. I love the way that flaxseed exfoliates, it definitely does it’s job but it isn’t as tough on your skin as you would think.
If you have any questions please leave them in the comments section below and I’ll be sure to get back to you and as always… Thanks for reading!