Okay, so no one is mailing me a little gold painted plastic man to put up on my imaginary mantle. However, another writer appreciated my blog enough to not only read it, but also to nominate it and that to me is something pretty special. So, thank you very much to Raising The Shakes for doing so.
The rules as I understand them are to:
- Link back to the person who nominated you
- Include the instructions in your post
- Answer the 11 questions set out for you by the nominator
- Display the award logo in your post
- Nominate up to 11 fellow blogger with less than 200 followers
- Create 11 questions for your nominations
Please read through until the bottom of the post to view your questions to answer in your award posting! 🙂
1. What is your favorite season and why?
Spring! Flowers, warmer temperatures, the birds come back and the sun is out more. Plus, when it rains it’s warm enough for puddle jumping.
2. What is your favorite movie?
Probably the movie Wristcutters. It sounds morbid but it’s actually a comedy and a love story (the full title is Wristcutters: A Love Story).
3. Favorite place you’ve visited and why?
This place right here (picture below). This is a picture of a lake that my parents own a cabin on. I spent countless weekends here growing up camping and fishing with my family. It’s an absolutely gorgeous place to be where the air is clean, the stars are brighter than you’ve ever seen before and it’s just perfect.
4. Where would you like to be in TEN years time?
Ten years. Wow, what a thought. I honestly wouldn’t mind being right where I am, renting an apartment with my boyfriend. However, it would be nice to tie the knot with him and actually be living in our forever home watching our children grow up.
5. What is your biggest fear?
I don’t even want to type the words because of the level of fear that it gives me, but I live in a small community where death seems all too familiar. My biggest fear is to lose any of my children. I have seen the devastation that it brings to parents and I hope to never feel that kind of pain.
6. Pick someone close to you in your life, and tell us your favorite thing about them and why?
My brother and I have always been extremely close growing up. He is and always has been someone that I can rely on to help me out of any given situation. He’s my back up, he is a laugh when I need one, advice when I think I don’t and an amazing person all around.
7. Given the choice, If you were given a million dollars, OR free medical care for the rest of your life (for you AND your entire family) which would you choose and WHY?
That is a strange option to be given. Medical care seems like it would be worth more than one million dollars but I think that I would take the money instead. I could spread it around to the people I love and donate some to organizations that I believe in.
8. What is your guilty pleasure TV show? (C’mon, be honest!)
Not sure how to answer this one, I don’t feel particularly guilty about any of the TV shows that I do watch. I like Spongebob?
9. What is your current FAVORITE song? and Why?
Good thing this says “current favorite” or I would never be able to answer it. At the moment, I find myself listening to and singing Remedy by Adele most often.
10. Have your learnt anything from blogging? If so what?
Well, I just learned that learnt is a word.
11. If you could give your THIRTEEN year old self advice, now, what would you tell yourself?
Go to school! (To clarify, I wasn’t a drop out and I’m not referring to college here). I had a tendency to ditch class a lot throughout High School and on average I attended classes three out of every five days. I didn’t see a problem with it because I was always passing my classes but looking back I know I could’ve done much better with a higher attendance record.
My eleven questions for you…
- What is your favorite thing about yourself?
- How did you get into blogging?
- Have you learned anything from your experience as a writer?
- What is your favorite season & why?
- Do you travel? Name your favorite experience.
- What genre of music are you most interested in?
- What is the main purpose of your blog?
- Where would you like to be in TEN years?
- Where would you like your blog to be in TEN years?
- Is this your first blogging award? (If not, what other ones have you received?)
- Who is the most influential person in your life?
Thanks for reading!!