When expectant moms asks what to expect or what it’s like to be a mom, I’m not sure what the answer is that they’re looking for. There’s a lot of things that can be said about being a mom.
What to expect …
- Diapers. Wet ones, dirty ones and ones that didn’t hold up their end of the bargain.
- No sleep. Not just less, but none. The baby wont sleep and even when they do, you’ll be up checking for a pulse or a breath and once you lay down they wake up.
- Spit up. Some babies more than others.
- Cuddles. Because the most comfortable place that baby can be is in your arms, listening to your heart. Especially when there’s things to do like cleaning, cooking, laundry. (Don’t worry, you’ll learn to do it all with one hand.)
- Gas. Burps, farts, wet burps and wet farts.
Then they get older …
- Still no sleep. I’m not kidding.
- Boo-boos. They learn to walk and then learn to fall and it only gets more dangerous from there.
- Favorites. Toys, shows, foods, colors and when you get it wrong…watch out.
- Sass. Even the sweetest little kids learn to say no.
There’s so much more but lets move on…
What it’s like …
There’s no bullet points for this. What is it like to be a mom? It’s amazing and it’s indescribable. You give every part of you but end up with more than you’ve ever had.